Sunday, September 18, 2016

Assessments and Objectives

Summary

This week I was able to add the assessment and objectives sections to my course outline assignment. The objectives were written for each module that I created, and the assessments are tailored to the objectives. 

Item of Interest

Creating assessments for the course outline is one of the most important phases of designing a course. It shows what kind of assessment tools and strategies I will use to make sure the students are able to understand. It also shows what kind of feedback the students will receive throughout the course. With the assessments completed, I can create course content that is tailored to how I will assess the students. It is important when creating the course content not to stray from the assessments. 

Problem or Concern

My biggest concern right now is if I have allowed myself enough time for each module to cover the content I have created for each week. Since I have created an introductory course, I don't think it will be a problem, but I don't know for sure whether or not it will feel rushed.

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you have already started on your assessment activities. I agree that the course outline is one of the most important phases of designing a course. I think without an outline we would stray from the main objectives that we want our students to learn. Great job on your post.

    ReplyDelete